One day … I found “Cuppa Cuppa”, and I instantly fell in love.
My love was not just because this stuff is so good but also because it is super EASY to make! You can use any kind of fruit or pie filling, I like to blend the fruit just a bit for a smoother texture once it is baked but you can leave the fruit whole too. It is just a matter of preference. This is my recipe – Enjoy!
Fruit Cuppa Cuppa
- 1 stick of real butter (melted)
- 1 C milk (%, your choice)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 C flour (self-rising)
- 1 C white granulated sugar
- 1 Can pie filling or fruit in heavy syrup (blended slightly in blender)
- Whipped cream or Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 8 x 8 glass baking dish
- Knife or fork
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix sugar, vanilla and butter till smooth and creamy
- Add flour to sugar/butter/vanilla mixture and mix slightly
- Add milk and mix until well incorporated
- Pour mixture into 8 x 8 glass baking dish (no need to coat the dish)
- Pour blended fruit down the center
- Use knife/fork to swirl fruit ‘into’ the batter, until even
Bake until golden brown and bubbly … Serve warm & Enjoy !
Yields: 4-6 Roti
Estimated Cook Time: 3-5 Minutes
Total Time Estimate: 15-20 Minutes
1 C Flour (self-rising)
1/2 t Salt
1 T Oil (your choice)
- Heat roti pan on medium heat until hot (while roti pan is heating up, move to the next steps)
- Mix above ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- Separate dough mixture into 4 to 6 golf ball size portions
- Place each dough portion onto floured surface and roll out thinly
Roti pan should now be hot
- Place each rolled dough portion onto hot roti pan (one at a time)
- Brown on one side, flip, brown on the other side (one at a time)
Remove from roti pan and serve hot!
These freeze well for make a head meal planning and are highly versatile (add onion, garlic, cilantro… anything you like, use small amounts and follow same cooking instruction as above).
Yields: 12 Muffins
Estimated Bake Time: 15 -17 Minutes
Total Time Estimate: 30-40 Minutes
2 C Oak Bran Hot Cereal (Uncooked)
1/4 C Brown sugar (Firmly packed)
2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1 C Whole Milk (2% can be used)
2 Eggs (Slightly beaten)
1/4 C Honey
2 T Vegetable oil
Optional: 1/2 C Blueberries or 1/2 C smashed ripe banana
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners (use muffin pan for best shape)
Combine all dry ingredients; until well blended.
Add milk, eggs, honey and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fill each liner 3/4 full.
Bake 15-17 Minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm, Enjoy!