Most think of the parent as the one who teaches, the one who cares, the one who leads, the one who guides and shapes the life of the child.
But what if that were not true. What if the child is the one who teaches, the one who leads, the one who guides and shapes the life of the parent?
What if both the parent and child are really learning, following, morphing and caring for one another through all stages of their lives … leaning equally on one another for survival.
What if the outcome is prosperous and encouraging and perfect…
What if Everyone Teaches and Everyone Learns… Then, this game called life … changes
Forever … and in turn, This Changes Everything!
One day … I found “Cuppa Cuppa”, and I instantly fell in love.
My love was not just because this stuff is so good but also because it is super EASY to make! You can use any kind of fruit or pie filling, I like to blend the fruit just a bit for a smoother texture once it is baked but you can leave the fruit whole too. It is just a matter of preference. This is my recipe – Enjoy!
Fruit Cuppa Cuppa
- 1 stick of real butter (melted)
- 1 C milk (%, your choice)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 C flour (self-rising)
- 1 C white granulated sugar
- 1 Can pie filling or fruit in heavy syrup (blended slightly in blender)
- Whipped cream or Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 8 x 8 glass baking dish
- Knife or fork
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix sugar, vanilla and butter till smooth and creamy
- Add flour to sugar/butter/vanilla mixture and mix slightly
- Add milk and mix until well incorporated
- Pour mixture into 8 x 8 glass baking dish (no need to coat the dish)
- Pour blended fruit down the center
- Use knife/fork to swirl fruit ‘into’ the batter, until even
Bake until golden brown and bubbly … Serve warm & Enjoy !