YES, my friends, it is officially SOUP SEASON here in the upper East of the US and that means cooler temperatures and time to pull out all of our comforting recipes!
Today, I share a super easy bean soup recipe, made in the Instant Pot!
Copyright Beverly Stephens
PINTO BEAN SOUP
Serves: 4 – 6
Estimated Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Prep Time: 1 day for soaking + 15 mins prep
- 1 C Dry Pinto Beans’
- Enough cold, filtered water to cover beans
- 4 C Broth (your choice of type)
- 1 Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 L Carrot (sliced)
- 1 L Handful Sweet Kale (chopped)
- 1 Med – Lg Uncooked Baking Potato (peeled and chopped)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Rinse dry beans and place in large pot
- Cover beans with a generous amount of cold, filtered water
- Set beans aside to soak for at least 24 hours (this is IMPORTANT for soft beans)
- Drain beans and place in Instant Pot
- Chop all vegetables, as described above
- Place vegetables in Instant Pot along with Salt and Pepper
- Pour in 4 cups of broth
- Place Instant Pot lid on, in locked position
- Turn vent to closed
- Activate Pressure Cooker Mode
- Set for 50 minutes
Once time has been met, you may release the pressure manually. If you have time, you may also wait until the pressure is released as it cools.
Service Hot with Corn Bread!
This type of bean soup freezes well, so if you have time make a double batch, one for now and one for the freezer during your meal preps!
Copyright Beverly Stephens
As we settle into the Autumn season and look ahead to the holidays, it is the perfect time to begin making plans to save time and money. Meal planning is the perfect way to do both!
Over this past year, my blog has featured recipes and my Podcast (see subscribe links below) currently features a series on meal planning in order to review the basics surrounding one way to make life easier.
Today, I wanted to share a free basic meal plan printable. Click the below link to download, print and begin using!
HAPPY MEAL PLANNING !!!
Download Free Template Here: Meal Planning Template
Podcast Android: https://subscribeonandroid.com/livingeclectic.org/feed/podcast/
Podcast iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/livingeclectic-the-best-combinations-in-life/id1430537576?mt=2
Today, we explore the ‘backup’ plan, what it is, why we need it and ways to ensure success when we need to use it!
What is it? A safeguard to stay on track when setting out on your meal plan endeavor.
Why have it? It is not a matter of will a meal plan fail, it is a matter of when. The definition of ‘fail’ could mean several things to include the simple fact of not wanting or making the meal that was outlined for that day or week.
How to ensure success? Ask what is the most loved meal. Go for easy, quick or semi-ready when you need to use a backup idea.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |