This episode explores the questions to ask when considering the ‘meal planning’ option. Before we run out to start the journey, let’s find out if we are ready!
Picture Copyright: Beverly Stephens
Music Contribute: Happy by MBB https://soundcloud.com/mbbofficial Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b… Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/g6swHZbWtRc
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
Yields: 4-6 Roti
Estimated Cook Time: 3-5 Minutes
Total Time Estimate: 15-20 Minutes
1 C Flour (self-rising)
1/2 t Salt
1 T Oil (your choice)
- Heat roti pan on medium heat until hot (while roti pan is heating up, move to the next steps)
- Mix above ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- Separate dough mixture into 4 to 6 golf ball size portions
- Place each dough portion onto floured surface and roll out thinly
Roti pan should now be hot
- Place each rolled dough portion onto hot roti pan (one at a time)
- Brown on one side, flip, brown on the other side (one at a time)
Remove from roti pan and serve hot!
These freeze well for make a head meal planning and are highly versatile (add onion, garlic, cilantro… anything you like, use small amounts and follow same cooking instruction as above).
Yields: 12 Muffins
Estimated Bake Time: 15 -17 Minutes
Total Time Estimate: 30-40 Minutes
2 C Oak Bran Hot Cereal (Uncooked)
1/4 C Brown sugar (Firmly packed)
2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1 C Whole Milk (2% can be used)
2 Eggs (Slightly beaten)
1/4 C Honey
2 T Vegetable oil
Optional: 1/2 C Blueberries or 1/2 C smashed ripe banana
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners (use muffin pan for best shape)
Combine all dry ingredients; until well blended.
Add milk, eggs, honey and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fill each liner 3/4 full.
Bake 15-17 Minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm, Enjoy!