YES, my friends, it is officially SOUP SEASON here in the upper East of the US and that means cooler temperatures and time to pull out all of our comforting recipes!
Today, I share a super easy bean soup recipe, made in the Instant Pot!
PINTO BEAN SOUP
Serves: 4 – 6
Estimated Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Prep Time: 1 day for soaking + 15 mins prep
- 1 C Dry Pinto Beans’
- Enough cold, filtered water to cover beans
- 4 C Broth (your choice of type)
- 1 Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 L Carrot (sliced)
- 1 L Handful Sweet Kale (chopped)
- 1 Med – Lg Uncooked Baking Potato (peeled and chopped)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Rinse dry beans and place in large pot
- Cover beans with a generous amount of cold, filtered water
- Set beans aside to soak for at least 24 hours (this is IMPORTANT for soft beans)
- Drain beans and place in Instant Pot
- Chop all vegetables, as described above
- Place vegetables in Instant Pot along with Salt and Pepper
- Pour in 4 cups of broth
- Place Instant Pot lid on, in locked position
- Turn vent to closed
- Activate Pressure Cooker Mode
- Set for 50 minutes
Once time has been met, you may release the pressure manually. If you have time, you may also wait until the pressure is released as it cools.
Service Hot with Corn Bread!
This type of bean soup freezes well, so if you have time make a double batch, one for now and one for the freezer during your meal preps!